MidAmerican Global Ventures helps qualified foreign nationals seek U.S. residency through investment into job creating projects. Foreign investors receive residency benefits of the EB-5 program, while borrowers receive competitive financing for projects.
EB-5 Direct Investment
EB-5 Direct Investments allow investors to earn permanent residency for themselves, a spouse and children under age 21, while project developers and business owners receive needed capital investment.
EB-5 direct investments require a foreign national to invest either $1,000,000 USD (or $500,000 USD within a rural or Targeted Employment Area) in a new or existing business enterprise that results in the creation of ten (10) net new full-time jobs. These are the same investment amounts when using an EB-5 Regional Center.
Advantages of direct investment include:
1. Investor has equity ownership in project.
2. There is no limit on the number of EB-5 direct investors on any project as long as 10 full-time jobs per investor are created.
4. A Direct Investor can sell a profitable business when they are ready to exit.
5. Direct investments may command higher earnings.
Disadvantages of direct investment include:
1. Direct EB-5 investments must be in the form of equity. Loans are not permitted in most cases.
2. No indirect or induced jobs may be considered. Only direct jobs created by the project or business will be counted.
3. Investor must assume an approved managerial role in business or project.
4. Investor must track job creation and submit reports to USCIS.
Direct Investment Services
MidAmerican Global Ventures helps foreign nationals and project developers execute EB-5 Direct Investments in the following ways:
1. Project Assessment, Deal Structuring and Promotion.
2. Professional Team Development and Coordination.
3. Document Support and Processing.
4. Manage operations in certain instances.
4. Value-Added Services to Maximize Investment.
EB-5 Regional Centers
An EB-5 Regional Center is designated to do business by the United States Citizenship and Immigrations Service (USCIS) in a defined geographic area and in specific industries.
For each immigrant investor in the EB-5 program, at least 10 full-time jobs must be created or saved through a $500,000 USD investment in rural or Targeted Employment Area (TEA). Areas outside of a qualified TEA require a minimum investment of $1 million USD and at least 10 full-time jobs to be created or saved.
A targeted employment area is an area that, at the time of investment, is a rural area or an area experiencing unemployment of at least 150 percent of the national average rate.
Advantages of using a Regional Center include:
1. An investment of $500,000 USD may lead to a Green Card for the investor and his or her dependents.
2. Regional Centers manage the investment and track job creation on behalf of the investor.
3. No language fluency or minimum education requirement required to qualify for an EB-5 visa.
4. Immigrant investors can live, work and study anywhere in the United States and travel freely inside and outside the country and return without a visa.
5. Immigrant investors doe not have to be continuously present in the United States.
6. All the educational benefits and access to world-class healthcare of permanent residents.
Regional Center Services
MidAmerican Global Ventures is an approved US Citizenship and Immigration Service EB-5 Regional Center.